Surprise Interview, tag: Sikozu
Data
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 07:49 PM
Arch
is Offline
17 posts
Star Trek: TNG
Operations Manager

Deep Space 5 was a space station somewhere in the far corner of the Alpha Quadrant. Like all of the other Deep Space stations of the Federation, it was a large station, full of shops, restaurants, eateries, motels, and research stations. It was built for people who needed a temporary stop in their journeys. You could refuel, get some time out of your cramped ship, and then be on your way a few days later.

Data had left the Enterprise in a shuttle to reach the station. There was to be a conference regarding the temporal and dimensional rifts occurring all over the Alpha Quadrant. Space had altered so dramatically that some people argued they were no longer in the Alpha Quadrant; others insisted they'd somehow gone back in time. Data's theory was more a mixture. Earth, and other pockets of space had shifted back in time, or so it seemed--other areas were completely unfamiliar, to the point that Data did not even recognize the species of the individuals on any given planet.

It was a general call for the conference--they weren't limiting the meeting to Federation officers, because...there were many that no one seemed able to contact, and so, so many other people on the station and in surrounding space that had simply not existed to Data's knowledge, just a few months ago.

The Federation--or at least, the members in this particular corner of space--were extending their scientific research on the rifts to any scientific minds interested in helping out or learning. The Enterprise had sent Data, as he was one of the top engineers on the Enterprise, and would be able to recall the information gleaned instantaneously once he returned. He dressed in the standard Federation uniform.

The conference itself was not scheduled to begin for several more hours--in the meantime, Data was seated at a table on the Promenade, which was the ring of shops and stores around the main section of the space station. While he did not feel emotions of any kind, that never seemed to keep him from being a very curious android. And when he glanced up and saw someone who looked completely.. well, alien to him. Her life signs were different from any race cataloged in his system, as well.

Without any consideration as to whether it was rude or not.. He simply stood up, and walked over to the red-head's side. "Excuse me--may I ask you a few questions? My name is Data."
PM
^
Sikozu Shanu
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 07:59 PM
Watcher
is Offline
7 posts
Farscape
Analyst

Sikozu had found the space station quite by happy accident, but was a bit distressed to find that they were not familiar with the module she'd used to arrive there. A Leviathan shuttle? Unheard of? Absurd. Though, after spending some time upon the station she saw quite quickly why no one knew what her shuttle was, or why she garnered so many strange looks. She couldn't identify a single race of people on the station itself.

English of course, was the commonly spoken language, at least, among a portion of them. Some looked mostly Human, much like John, but they were different. Odd facial structures, impossible colorings. It was... unsettling. She'd only been on the station a few days, and luckily for her, had no need of food or water, not yet. Her overly efficient digestive system made sure that she wouldn't need to eat for another week or so. It was good, as her credits didn't seem to transfer here.

She'd resorted to... working... for currency, in hopes to use it to get off the station and back to Moya.

She was inspecting the contents of a shop window when someone approached her from behind, througuly startling her so much that she jumped and spun around to face the approaching entity. She blinked impossibly green eyes at him, head turning slightly as she examined him. He was speaking English. At least she had that going for her.

"Da-ta?" She echoed, familiar with the word, meaning information. Interesting name for an individual. "Why yes. Yes of course you may." She had no idea what he might ask, but at least that might be more interesting than this waiting game she was playing, trying to get her transport refueled so she could find Moya.
PMEmail
^
Data
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 08:11 PM
Arch
is Offline
17 posts
Operations Manager

Data was pleased when she seemed to accept his request. Sometimes when he asked innocent questions, people got upset--he never quite understood why. His eyebrows rose slightly, and he nodded once, a sign of thanks, at least as far as he was concered.

"Thank you," he responded. "I have over seven hundred and sixty three recorded races and species of humanoid catologued in my system, but I cannot identify you." His theory was that she was from one of those theoretical rifts that he had been considering.

Of course, he had no evidence that such things existed, but it was the most reasonable explanation for the sudden reconfiguration of known space. His head tilted just the tiniest bit to one side. "What is your.. species?"

The more information he gained, the closer he was to finding the answers he needed.
PM
^
Sikozu Shanu
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 08:18 PM
Watcher
is Offline
7 posts
Farscape
Analyst

Sikozu folded her arms over her chest and observed Data, curious about him already. He looked human, but she was sure he wasn't. Something about him told her as much. Perhaps his complexion, or possibly the way he spoke.He seemed far too intelligent to be a human. Fascinating.

Then she got her answer, or at least, a hint to her answer. "Seven hundred and sixty three, you say?" Oh he had caught her attention. He wasn't human after all. Humans didn't know of that many alien species. They were only aware of... what, little green men? Was that not what Crichton had said? Most fascinating.

"I am Kalish, of course. I am not surprised you have not encountered my kind before. We are, of course, a superior race." She said, and casually flipped her hair back over her shoulder. If he was referencing systems, then it was likely he was some kind of automaton. A droid or robot, yes? She could only assume. She didn't have anything with her to make a good assumption, so she just accepted that he was close enough to a Human to count as one for now.
PMEmail
^
Data
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 08:24 PM
Arch
is Offline
17 posts
Operations Manager

"Yes," he confirmed, at her question. There was no bragging tone, or anything of the like in his voice. In fact, everything he said was very neutral; not monotoned, not at all, but there was no strong emotion in his voice. Just the mechanical raise in tone for questions, and to make the sentences flow like a human's might.

"Kalish. Huh." Head tilted back slightly, looking thoughtful; in truth he was searching through his systems just in case, but that word did not seem familiar. He was about to confirm that no, he wasn't familiar with any Kalish, but then she mentioned that she was a superior race. Huh.

"Then I am honored to meet you," he responded. He had met many races over the years, some of which had said similar such things. Others that were more humble but truly were superior to some degree. Though it was a very amorphous term. Did she mean intellectually, or physically? Both?

"If you are not surprised," he asked after a moment, "Do you mean to say that your kind hides from inferior races, or that you do not normally associate with them?"
PM
^
Sikozu Shanu
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 09:17 PM
Watcher
is Offline
7 posts
Farscape
Analyst

Sikozu just watched him, mildly fascinated by him. This was new. She was used to most just disregarding anything valuable she had to say. Such was Aeryn's way, and just about anyone else on board Moya. They were all so distrustful, even if she'd proven her value more than a time or two. No doubt they'd find even fewer reasons to trust her now, that she was missing with one of Moya's transport pods.

Honestly it wasn't her fault.

He said he was honored, and she smiled, truely. Oh this was nice.

"I am not surprised... because to be quiet honest I haven't an inkling of where I am. I assume the Uncharted Territories, but even then, to find so much... civilization here... unheard of. You are the first remotely intelligent individual I have encountered. The rest are positively revolting."
PMEmail
^
Data
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 09:27 PM
Arch
is Offline
17 posts
Operations Manager

To say he was curious was an understatement. That was the one human... emotion, or feeling, or whatever, that he really seemed to be programmed with. His creator had the capability of giving him a full range of emotions, but the old man hadn't thought him ready for them at the time. And indeed, when the emotion chip had been installed, Data had had so much trouble controlling them that he'd had to deactivate them.

A vaguely confused look spread back onto his face--mostly cued in by the raise of an eyebrow, yet again. He did not have a broad range of facial expressions, ultimately, and yet he seemed to manage to express himself relatively well. "You are in the Alpha Quadrant," Unless they weren't. And at that realization, his brow furrowed in thought. "Unless we have moved." Again, he had more to say, but something she said surprised him enough that he changed gears.

He blinked at her, and then glanced around at the other individuals walking around the Promenade. "This space station is full of intelligent life forms-" Oh, she probably meant that she personally thought they were stupid. Not that they didn't technically qualify as 'intelligent life feorms.' He understood, just a second too late.

"Ah." Now he had to figure out the proper response to that--his eyes glanced down toward the floor for a moment, then back to her. "Thank you for the compliment. While I do not know any here personally, I believe they are some of the brightest minds in the sector. Are you here for the conference?"
PM
^
Sikozu Shanu
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 09:39 PM
Watcher
is Offline
7 posts
Farscape
Analyst

"Alpha... quadrant?" She echoed the words, but there was no familiarity there. She hadn't a clue what he was talking about. She wasn't familiar with any quadrants in her travel of space. "Do you mean the Alentro Quadrant?" She tilted her head slightly, trying to make sense of the possibility that perhaps he'd misspoke.

She scoffed when he protested that the station was full of intelligent life, "Perhaps if you compare them to a Charrid." She rolled her eyes and looked around again, only turning her attention back to him at the mention of a conference.

One last look of appraisal before she turned her head slightly, "Conference? What sort of Conference?"
PMEmail
^
Data
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 09:51 PM
Arch
is Offline
17 posts
Operations Manager

His head tilted again. "The Alpha Quadrant," he repeated. "I have never heard of the Alentro Quadrant. Is that where you are from?" He wondered how far she had traveled to get here. Logically it should have been an impossibly long distance to travel, but what with the anomalies that had been reported, that wasn't necessarily true.

He wanted to refute her claim, but there was one problem. "What is a.. 'Charrid'?" he asked, curious. His eyes sort of flickered back and forth, almost like he was reading a book, very very fast, and then back at her. "That is not in my database, either." She was from somewhere very far away. And that, actually, was fascinating. It was why he was a member of the Federation to begin with--to meet new life forms.

"The Federation is hosting a scientific conference. There appear to be some sort of temporal and material rifts in space-time. It may explain why you are not sure where you are."
PM
^
Sikozu Shanu
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 10:03 PM
Watcher
is Offline
7 posts
Farscape
Analyst

Sikozu scoffed, "Of course not." She shook her head, but found that her amusement at the idea was short lived. She would have a lot of explaining to do if she tried to literally explain to this... Data, where she was from. It seemed tedious, and likely something she shouldn't do. Who knew if her safety would rely on that?

"Charrids are... bestial, violent bipeds. Similar to Sebaceans or... humans. Pointed teeth however..." She made a mildly disgusted look, though it faded as he mentioned a scientific conference, and talk of Temporal and Material rifts in Space-Time.

"It sounds much like Crichton's 'Wormhole' theory... space and time... hmm."
PMEmail
^
Data
 Posted: Mar 15 2015, 10:43 PM
Arch
is Offline
17 posts
Operations Manager

He got the feeling his question had offended her somehow, but as she didn't offer an explanation, he left it at that. "Hm." Well, he'd already learned several new names. The Alentro Quadrant--and now he knew what a Charrid was. Though it sounded a little as though she had a different definition for biestial, violent bipeds than he, as he would not classify a human as such.

Sebaceans? it was a question for another time, he realized, but it was logged, anyway. "Ah. They sound, perhaps, similar to a Klingon," he suggested in analogy. But that was hardly important.

"Ah--yes, wormholes was another theory that I have heard people suggest. If you would like, I am certain you would be allowed entry into the conference. It is promised to be very educational."
PM
^
Sikozu Shanu
 Posted: Mar 26 2015, 12:54 AM
Watcher
is Offline
7 posts
Farscape
Analyst

She seemed lost in thought for a moment until he mentioned the word Klingon. Now that was something she’d heard before, ”No, Grudeks are more like Klingons… or so Crichton would compare them.” She made a slight face, not at all fond of that encounter. Sure, that human had saved her life, but that had been one heck of a terrible day, and she preferred to ignore it as best as she could.

Data offered, or rather, suggested, that she’d be allowed to attend this conference, and that, was wonderful. She smiled a bit, and flipped her hair back over her shoulder, nodding at him, ”I would assume you’ll be attending as well?” She raised her brows slightly in question, before carrying on, ”Might I accompany you? It would be nice to have someone I am at least mildly familiar with. You’re the only sign of life on this… station… that’s taken any care to speak with me.”
PMEmail
^
Data
 Posted: Mar 26 2015, 01:16 AM
Arch
is Offline
17 posts
Operations Manager

"Grudeks," he echoed, to be sure he got the pronunciation correct. He had never heard that term either, which was most unusual. But, he at least recognized, once again, that this was not the time to ask. He would remember to ask later, should the opportunity arise. He wondered too, who Crichton was, but had to assume it was a friend or acquaintance of hers.

"That is correct." It was why he was on the station in the first place, though he was wearing a very similar uniform to many others on the station. "I am not a life form in the common use of the word--I am an android," he corrected her, though it was with an indifferent (mostly) tone.

That it was a small technicality was lost on Data. Anyone who suggested he was human, or alien, or breathing really.. he tended to automatically correct them. Some found it very dislikeable to converse with what amounted to a jumble of circuits though, and he did not wish to mislead anyone, so.. there it was. "You are welcome to accompany me," he added, moving on, unless she objected. "It is being hosted by the Federation, but all are welcome."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
AFFILIATES/RESOURCES

RPG-DRed Carpet & RebellionDDRDistant Fantasies BACK TO NEVERLAND

Good News Everyone, it's a Futurama RP!

Afterhour Mayhem ysm Tales of Unity